I baked madeleines many times when I attended pastry school. But I never thought that adding sourdough discard not only helps with its utilization, but also adds extra moisture and softness to your French delicious treats.
I promise, you’ll love it.
- 2 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 100g sourdough discard
- 10g vanilla extract
- 2g salt
- 40g whole wheat flour
- 100g all purpose flour
- 8g baking powder
- 120g melted butter
- Whisk together eggs, yolks and sugar until light foam.
- Add sourdough discard and vanilla, mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix together salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to an egg mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour all melted butter, whisk together until nice and smooth dough.
- Cover and transfer to a refrigerator for 12-14 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Dust the molds with flour.
- Fill each madeleine mold to about 3/4 (I used a tablespoon dipped in the water for easier batter transition into molds)
- Bake 13-15 minutes unit golden edges.