The time has come and my husband who loves pasta more than me finally bought a pasta maker!
And of course, I wanted to sneak in some of my sourdough discard.
Pasta came out so delicious, I am making another batch 😋
- 125g all purpose flour
- 125g semolina flour
- 6 egg yolks (or 2 large eggs )
- 60g sourdough discard
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- Sift the flour on the clean work surface, make a hollow, add the yolks( or eggs) sourdough discard.
- Use a fork to whisk yolks and discard into a flour.
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of the mixture and with help of your hands start working with the dough.
- The dough will feel dry at the beginning but in about of 10-12 min of kneading, it will come up all together.
- If the dough will remain too stiff add little more of yolk or egg white, if it is too soft, add little more flour.
- Try to round the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 min.
- Divide the dough in 4-6 pieces. Round each piece, flatten it with rolling pin.
- Run the dough through pasta roller. Start with number 1 or 2.
- Run the dough through pasta roller again, but at this time use number 4 or 5 or even 6 if you would like your pasta to be thinner.
- Now run the pasta sheet through pasta cutter.
- Sprinkle cut pasta with some flour to prevent sticking.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until al dente.