The time has come and my husband who loves pasta more than me finally bought a pasta maker!
And of course, I wanted to sneak in some of my sourdough discard.
Pasta came out so delicious, I am making another batch 😋
- 125g all purpose flour
- 125g semolina flour
- 6 egg yolks (or 2 large eggs )
- 60g sourdough discard
- 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- Sift the flour on the clean work surface, make a hollow, add the yolks( or eggs) sourdough discard.
- Use a fork to whisk yolks and discard into a flour.
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of the mixture and with help of your hands start working with the dough.
- The dough will feel dry at the beginning but in about of 10-12 min of kneading, it will come up all together.
- If the dough will remain too stiff add little more of yolk or egg white, if it is too soft, add little more flour.
- Try to round the dough into a ball. Wrap it in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 min.
- Divide the dough in 4-6 pieces. Round each piece, flatten it with rolling pin.
- Run the dough through pasta roller. Start with number 1 or 2.
- Run the dough through pasta roller again, but at this time use number 4 or 5 or even 6 if you would like your pasta to be thinner.
- Now run the pasta sheet through pasta cutter.
- Sprinkle cut pasta with some flour to prevent sticking.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until al dente.
Homemade Pasta with Sourdough Discard
Based on 9 Review(s)
9 thoughts on “Homemade Pasta with Sourdough Discard”
Ah ah ah….I make fresh pasta every day….and this is a good idea
I just made the recipe using the whole eggs, I had to add a lot of extra flour, I think is to much egg. Thanks for the idea
Great that you found the way to make it work 🙏
Thanks for sharing wish to try it.
In my country TR we use some milk when produce for the family…
Also my grammar used to toast in the stone oven for dehydration to keep in longer:) regards,Tezer
Thanks for sharing dear
But i have one question, if i want to store it , what can i do??
You have yo dry it first and store in airtight container or bag in the fridge
it would be very nice if you have an option to print the recipe from your site. I am old fashion, 🙂 I’d like to have printed.
Maybe I don’t see this option?
Hi, sorry! We don’t have that option, we are trying to save the trees.
What is the extra benefit to adding the discard to the pasta dough?