I am very excited to share with you a super easy recipe of a puff pastry dough made with whole wheat flour that brings its flavor to the absolutely new level.
This whole wheat puff pastry dough could be used as a base for sweet or savory dishes.
The secret is in two ingredients: patience and a high quality whole wheat flour.
The latest discovery for me was the Organic Red Fife wheat flour from Janie’s Mill. It provides exceptional deep flavor to your baked goods, which won’t leave you indifferent.
- 150g red fife wheat flour
- 350g bread flour
- 10g salt
- 250g cold water
- 500g cold unsalted butter
- Mix all the flour and salt. Add water.
- Cut cold butter in 1/2 inch square chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl. Use paddle attachment to mix all together.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes until it will come up together.
Note: butter chunks have to remain visible.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap. Move to refrigerator and let chill for 12 hours.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour, roll the dough as rectangular, 12×31inches/30x80cm.
- When rolling the dough, you will be able to see chunks of butter. Be patient, it’s normal.
- Repeat 2 more rounds of rolling the dough as rectangular 12×31 inches/30x80cm and folding the dough as a letter.
- Cover the dough and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Final rolling: Roll the dough in a rectangle with sides about 12×20 inches /30x50cm and thickness 5mm.
- Cut as desired (circles or squares for an individual serving or you can cut it as a big (8” or 9” inch base for your future meal). Move the dough in fridge for 1 hour. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake 375F for 15 min, lower temp to 350F and bake for 10 more minutes until puff pastry dough will become golden brown.
Whole Wheat Puff Pastry Dough
Based on 2 Review(s)
5 thoughts on “Whole Wheat Puff Pastry Dough ”
Harika detaylı tariflere devam 🙏🏼
I cannot yes whole-wheat would just regular all purpose work.
Please let me know.
You can use all purpose flour.
Can this dough be made ahead and frozen?
Yes, you can freeze it. It will remain great