These bread crisps can be made with or without sourdough discard. Bread crisps with seeds nuts and dried fruit made with whole grain flours are a delicious snack for adults and kids. You can choose any whole grain whole wheat flour for this recipe.
Thank you my friend Eszter for a great recipe!
- 100g whole grain spelt (33%)
- 100g emmer flour(33%)
- 100g red fife wheat flour(33%)
- 30g rye malt (10%)
- 60g sourdough discard(20%)
- 300g buttermilk (100%)
- 60g dark honey (20%)
- 15g olive oil (5%)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 90g seeds (flaxseed, chia seed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 140g nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds )
- 140g if any dried fruits (cranberries, dates, figs, prunes)
- Mix dry ingredients (all flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- In separate bowl mix all liquid ingredients with seeds and nuts(buttermilk, sourdough discard, honey, oil and all nuts and seeds and dried fruits).
- Pour liquid ingredients into a dry mixture. Mix all together.
- Spread oil all over your baking pan( I was using 9×4 inch pan).
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350F and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let it cool down, cover with plastic wrap and let rest until next day.
- Slice loaf on 2 mm thick slices.
- Place all sliced bread on baking tray.
- Bake 300F for 15 min, flip over each crisp, continue baking for 15 more min.
- Let them cool down completely and store in airtight container.
Based on 2 Review(s)
11 thoughts on “Bread Crisps”
Can we replace these flours with other flours. Am in india, these flours won’t be available. Please suggest. I wanna make these crips.
Yes, use any whole grain flours.
Hi , What can substitute the flours with?
This is not available in my Country thx
You can use any wholesale grain whole wheat flour.
I see dried fruit in the picture and title, but not in the recipe. How much fruit is called for?
Sofie, thank you!
I miss typed it. Please check back, I fixed the issue.
Can I reduce the amount of malt or honey? If yes, to how much and shall I add extra buttermilk or a different liquid?
You can reduce honey, without changing amount of other ingredients. And replace the malt if you want with flour.
Hi, does it not require any fermentation after adding in the flours? Thanks in advance!
I would like to make this into a bread loaf, like the French Pain Sportif! Do I need to make any adjustments?
No, just bake as a loaf😊