These bread crisps can be made with or without sourdough discard. Bread crisps with seeds nuts and dried fruit made with whole grain flours are a delicious snack for adults and kids. You can choose any whole grain whole wheat flour for this recipe.
Thank you my friend Eszter for a great recipe!
- 100g whole grain spelt (33%)
- 100g emmer flour(33%)
- 100g red fife wheat flour(33%)
- 30g rye malt (10%)
- 60g sourdough discard(20%)
- 300g buttermilk (100%)
- 60g dark honey (20%)
- 15g olive oil (5%)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 90g seeds (flaxseed, chia seed, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- 140g nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds )
- 140g if any dried fruits (cranberries, dates, figs, prunes)
- Mix dry ingredients (all flour,baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- In separate bowl mix all liquid ingredients with seeds and nuts(buttermilk, sourdough discard, honey, oil and all nuts and seeds and dried fruits).
- Pour liquid ingredients into a dry mixture. Mix all together.
- Spread oil all over your baking pan( I was using 9×4 inch pan).
- Bake at 375F for 15 minutes, then lower temperature to 350F and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let it cool down, cover with plastic wrap and let rest until next day.
- Slice loaf on 2 mm thick slices.
- Place all sliced bread on baking tray.
- Bake 300F for 15 min, flip over each crisp, continue baking for 15 more min.
- Let them cool down completely and store in airtight container.