Holidays are coming and these buttery, super light Parker House Rolls will become a great addition to any holiday table.
What makes them so special? They are well-known for their shape, and a layer of butter in the middle which provides additional flavor.
- 300g bread flour
- 40g potato flour or potato starch
- 190g lukewarm milk
- 1 large eggs
- 40g sugar
- 7g salt
- 40g soft unsalted butter
- 2g dry instant yeast
- 50g soft butter (for spreading)
- 8 am pour warm milk into a bowl add dry instant yeast, sugar, egg, flour and potato starch.
- Mix dough on low speed of your mixing machine for 2-3 minutes, or KitchenAid on speed 3 for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add salt and butter, mix for a couple more minutes, increase the speed of mixer to medium high, mix for 10 more minutes until the dough is well incorporated and comes up together. You should be able to perform the windowpane test.
- Cover the dough and let it proof for 1-2 hours at 80F/ 28C.
- During that time perform 2 stretches and folds.
- The dough should become puffy.
- Roll or pat the dough into an 8″ x 12″ rectangle.
- Spread the soft butter all over the dough.
- Cut the dough in half lengthwise, to make two 4″ x 12″ rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle in to 5 smaller rectangles. So you will have 10 rolls in total. Working with one rectangle at a time, fold it lengthwise to about 1/2″ of the other edge, so the bottom edge sticks out about 1/2″ beyond the top edge.
- Flip the rolls over (so that their smooth non-folded side is facing up), and place them in a pan, covered with parchment paper.
- Let the rolls proof for about 1 hour until bigger and puffy
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Bake the rolls for 20-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove rolls from the oven.
- Brush hot rolls with melted butter.
Parker House Rolls
Based on 8 Review(s)
4 thoughts on “Parker House Rolls”
Thank you for the recipe. My family loved them so much at Thanksgiving I have to make them again for Christmas. Thank you again. They turned out delicious .
Thank you so much for your feedback!
I’m happily you liked the recipe 🙏
Baked these this morning, so yummy buttery and soft. Thanks so much🙏
Thank you 🙏