If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious, then this flaxseed meal sourdough sandwich bread is for you.
It is super soft, it stays fresh for long, and it is delicious for any kind of sandwiches.
- 210 g water (60%)
- 25g honey(7%)
- 70g starter (20%)
- 0.5g yeast (optional to reduce sourness)
- 250g bread flour (72%)
- 50g whole wheat flour (14%)
- 50g flaxseed meal (14%)
- 8g salt (2%)
- 45g soft butter or oil (13%)
- 10 pm add starter to the water and whisk together, add flour, mix well, cover loosely, let it sit at a room temp 74-78F for about 8-10 hours until starter reaches its peak (at least triples in volume).
- Mix water, flour, honey, sourdough starter (70g on its peak, the rest use for future feedings), yeast( if you are using it), salt flaxseed meal and all flour.
- Mix the dough on low speed of your mixing machine for 3-5 minutes, or KitchenAid on speed 3 for 7-9 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add soft butter or oil, mix for 10-15 more minutes until the dough is well incorporated. It will look sticky at the beginning but eventually the dough has to come up together.
- Cover and let it proof for 2-4 hours at 78-84F/ 26-30C.
- During that time perform 2 stretches and folds.
- The dough should become puffy.
- Generously sprinkle work surface with whole wheat flour. Dump the dough.
- Shape as desired. I rolled it into a roll same length as a baking/loaf pan.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the loaf pan.
- Cover the dough and let it proof for 2-4 hours at 78-84F/ 26-30C until it doubles in volume.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake for 35 min until golden brown.