My friend Maria, from Brazil shared this unique recipe with me and I immediately fell in love with it. My family asked me to bake it more and more. Sweet corn brioche sourdough loaf is super moist, very soft and fragrant. Sweet corn makes this bread super unique and tasteful. I posted this incredible recipe last year on my instagram page, and heard many positive feedback from you. Now, i want to share it here, because it is so worth it!
- 5g sourdough starter
- 35g water
- 30g all purpose flour or bread flour
- 5g rye flour
- 260g bread flour (100%)
- 80g fresh corn (30%)
- 100g sweetened condensed milk (38.4%)
- 1 large egg
- 30g oil without flavor (11.5%)
- 52g sourdough starter (20%)
- 5g salt (2%)
- 0.5 g dry yeast (optional, to reduce sourness)
- corn flour for dusting the loaf
- 9 pm add starter to the water and whisk together, add flour, mix well, cover loosely, let it sit at a room temp 74-78F for about 8-10 hours until starter reaches its peak (at least triples in volume).
- Learn how to make starter from scratch here.
- 8 am cut fresh corn kernels, add it to the food processor along with condensed milk and an egg. Purée it all together.
- Add purée and sourdough starter to the flour and let autolyse for 1 hour. If you are planning to use yeast, add it at this step.
- During the autolyse period the flour becomes fully hydrated. This activates gluten development.
- 9 am mix dough on low speed of your mixing machine for 2-3 minutes, or KitchenAid on speed 3 for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add salt mix for a couple more minutes. The dough should form a ball.
- Slowly pour oil, mix for 10 more minutes until the dough is well incorporated and comes up together.
- Cover and let it proof for 3-4 hours at 76-80F/ 24-28C.
- During that time perform 2 stretches and folds.
- The dough should become slightly puffy.
- 1 pm Cover the dough and move to the fridge for 6-9 hours.
- 10 pm remove the dough from the fridge.
- Shape as desired. I used a glass loaf pan with dimensions 16.6×2.5×9.8 inches.
- You can divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces, and braid it.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of your loaf pan.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the loaf pan.
- Cover the dough and let it proof for overnight ( for 8-9 hours) at 70-72F /20-22C until it doubles in volume.
- Now, sprinkle some corn flour on top of your loaf or egg wash it.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Sweet Corn Brioche Sourdough Loaf
Based on 7 Review(s)
22 thoughts on “Sweet Corn Brioche Sourdough Loaf”
At 10pm you say to take it out of the fridge… but when and how does it go into the fridge? Do you just pop it in there after 3-4 hours rise with s&f in mixing bowl? Covered?
Thank you, I missed one step. After it proofed for 3-4 hours, cover it snd move to the fridge until before going to bed( around 10pm)
Do you mean to take fresh corn and cut it off the cob without boiling or anything? Just raw corn?
Must it be raw corn ?
Can be canned too
Can i use all purpose flour instead of the bread flour?
Natasha, I am a bit confused. After the 3-4 hour rise you say to perform 2 stretch and folds (and that the dough will become puffy). Then you say in the next step @ 10pm “take out of fridge”. I which step did it go in the fridge?
Oops! The comments section has now updated on my phone and I see others have asked this question! Thank you for you time! I can’t wait to try this recipe. :0)
I’d love to know what bow you’re using and showing in the photos. Looks like it has a handle? Handmade? It’s beautiful. Info and side photos please?
It’s a handle from Amazon
I meant to write BOWL.
hello dear friend, thanks for liking this recipe so much !! The bread really is very soft and different. Little kisses. Maria Helena Antoniazzi.
Thank you my dear, Maria 💖💖💖
Love this recipe. I don’t have a stand-mixer. Can I hand knead the dough instead?
Thank you for such an amazing recipe. I made this bread today. The tough was a bit stiff so I was worried but when baked it turned out so beautiful and soft and yummy.
***Meant to say dough was a bit stiff***🙄
I’m very happy you liked it. Thank you so much 💖
Great recipe, it is hard to stop to eat it😋
Hi, I baked it yesterday, I was so delicious. Thanks for sharing😋
Thank you for the recipe! I wonder if I can use more corn and reduce some condensed milk? Thanks!