My friend Maria, from Brazil shared this unique recipe with me and I immediately fell in love with it. My family asked me to bake it more and more. Sweet corn brioche sourdough loaf is super moist, very soft and fragrant. Sweet corn makes this bread super unique and tasteful. I posted this incredible recipe last year on my instagram page, and heard many positive feedback from you. Now, i want to share it here, because it is so worth it!
- 260g bread flour (100%)
- 80g fresh corn (30%)
- 100g sweetened condensed milk (38.4%)
- 1 large egg
- 30g oil without flavor (11.5%)
- 52g sourdough starter (20%)
- 5g salt (2%)
- 0.5 g dry yeast (optional, to reduce sourness)
- corn flour for dusting the loaf
- 9 pm add starter to the water and whisk together, add flour, mix well, cover loosely, let it sit at a room temp 74-78F for about 8-10 hours until starter reaches its peak (at least triples in volume).
- Learn how to make starter from scratch here.
- 8 am cut fresh corn kernels, add it to the food processor along with condensed milk and an egg. Purée it all together.
- Add purée and sourdough starter to the flour and let autolyse for 1 hour. If you are planning to use yeast, add it at this step.
- During the autolyse period the flour becomes fully hydrated. This activates gluten development.
- 9 am mix dough on low speed of your mixing machine for 2-3 minutes, or KitchenAid on speed 3 for 3-4 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add salt mix for a couple more minutes. The dough should form a ball.
- Slowly pour oil, mix for 10 more minutes until the dough is well incorporated and comes up together.
- Cover and let it proof for 3-4 hours at 76-80F/ 24-28C.
- During that time perform 2 stretches and folds.
- The dough should become slightly puffy.
- 1 pm Cover the dough and move to the fridge for 6-9 hours.
- 10 pm remove the dough from the fridge.
- Shape as desired. I used a glass loaf pan with dimensions 16.6×2.5×9.8 inches.
- You can divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces, and braid it.
- Put a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of your loaf pan.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the loaf pan.
- Cover the dough and let it proof for overnight ( for 8-9 hours) at 70-72F /20-22C until it doubles in volume.
- Now, sprinkle some corn flour on top of your loaf or egg wash it.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.