If you plan on surprising your family with something yummy, these super tender Red Lobster inspired cheddar biscuits are another great way to utilize your sourdough discard.
- 113 g melted unsalted butter
- 200g buttermilk
- 50 g sourdough discard (optional)
- 240 g unbleached all purpose flour
- 20g granulated sugar
- 5g salt
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 200g shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 50g melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh or dry parsley
- Preheat oven to 450F
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, spices and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk melted butter, buttermilk and sourdough discard.
Note: these biscuits can be made with or without sourdough discard. If you don’t have any, just skip it.
- Pour liquid ingredients into a dry ingredients.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and mix all together.
- Cover baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using table spoon, scoop the batter and place evenly on to the baking tray. You should get about 10 biscuits.
- Bake for 12 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the topping by whisking all ingredients together.
- Remove ready biscuits from the oven and spread the topping all over.
- Serve while it is still hot
Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits with Sourdough Discard
Based on 5 Review(s)
4 thoughts on “Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits with Sourdough Discard”
Do we need to bake these biscuits in biscuits setting in oven as my oven has this option .
In How much time we need to consume these biscuits?
Prefer reply on Instagram
Hi! You can keep them in fridge, then microwave them before eating.
And sorry I’m not really sure about setting in your oven. If it reaches the same temperature, then you definitely can use it.
Ugh! I have a hard time with the gram to teaspoon/tablespoon/cup conversion. It takes 15 to 20minutes longer for me to prepare the recipe before I cook it. I actually ordered a magnet conversion chart this morning for my refrigerator for the next time.
My mom is always asking me to grab a box of these and make them for her. I saw this recipe and immediately got to work. They came out great! And so easy!
Mom says they’re better than the box kind. My own input is that next time I will cut the garlic powder in half. Thanks Natasha!